Hands up if you love a good salon blow dry… We thought so – and we do too! That’s why we’ve put together this simple tutorial on how to blow dry hair, so you can achieve a salon-worthy finish at home! Don’t worry, getting enviable tresses isn’t as hard as it looks.
How To Blow Dry Hair
Step 1: Prep
We’ll let you in on a secret: the key to a great blow–dry is prep. Going straight in with a hairdryer will only result in flat, lifeless hair. Instead:
- Carefully towel dry your hair until it is roughly 85% dry.
- Protect your hair from heat damage with our Blow Dry Aqua Primer. Its lightweight formula is infused with hydrating hyaluronic acid to smooth frizz and create a soft, glossy finish. It’s the ultimate first step to any blow dry!
- Prep your strands for incredible volume with our Xpander Foam Volumising Hair Mousse or, if you have blonde hair that needs refreshing, our Clean Blonde Violet Xpander Foam. Apply it evenly to make hair look fuller and more voluminous from root to tip.
Fudge Tip: If you prefer a spray over a mousse, our Push-It-Up Blow Dry hair spray has a volumising effect that will take your hair to new heights.
Step 2: Blow Dry Hair In Sections
Now that your hair is prepped, it’s time to dry. Remember, patience and perseverance are the keys to a jaw-droppingly gorgeous blow dry. It will take anywhere between 20 and 40 minutes depending on the thickness of your hair – but the smooth, glossy finish will be worth the effort!
- Separate your hair into at least four different sections, clipping each part that you’re not blow drying to the side.
- Roll the section you’re working on around a round brush, then move the hairdryer over the hair while pulling the brush downwards. Repeat this movement continuously until the section is completely dry.
- Repeat on each section, working from the under layers upwards and in a circle around your head.
- Run your fingers through your hair to blend the sections together.
Fudge Tip: Always blow dry hair against the direction it lays (i.e. if it falls to the right side of your parting, blow dry it towards the left). This will add showstopping volume to the roots and prevent hair from falling flat onto your scalp.
Step 3: Finishing Touches
To achieve that Hollywood actress-worthy blow dry, the final step is to polish off your look.
- Position your hair so that it frames your face, then spritz our lightweight Skyscraper hairspray over your locks to hold the style in place.
- To finish, mist your tresses with our Hed Shine spray. Infused with jojoba and argan oil, it will make hair look healthier and glossier than ever.
Fudge Tip: If you still need to smooth flyaways, apply a touch of Aqua Shine Serum to any frizzy hairs that need taming.