We love a beachy look. Cool and effortless, it brings all the sass with minimal effort – and you can even achieve the look without heat! We show you how to get wavy hair 4 ways for stylish, natural-looking tresses that scream ‘ready for Summer’.
Top Tips On How To Get Wavy Hair Without Heat
#1 Choose The Right Shampoo
If it’s gorgeous beachy waves you’re after, you need a shampoo that cleanses without drying and doesn’t way down the hair.
Luckily, we’ve got just the shampoo for the job! Our Luminizer Shampoo is infused with a featherlight micellar oil complex that gently cleanses, moisturises and illuminates, perfectly prepping the hair for beachy waves.
#2 Avoid Heavy Conditioner
Nothing will ruin your light, beachy waves like a weighty conditioner. Instead, opt for a curl-boosting, moisture-rich conditioner that offers light-as-air hydration.
Our Luminizer Conditioner is a moisture-boosting treatment that provides 48 hours of weightless hydration. It’s formulated with our Smoothing-Swish™ and Opti-PLEX™ technologies to soften, smooth and strengthen the hair, without weighing it down.
#3 Make Sure Hair Isn’t Wet
We’ll let you in on a secret: the easiest way to create beachy waves isn’t with wet hair, but dry or slightly damp tresses. Either blow dry hair to 80%, then use one of the below methods to create your waves, or start with dry hair and spritz lightly with a salt spray.
#4 Remember Salt And Texturising Spray Are Your Friend
Speaking of which, applying salt spray is one of the easiest ways to create beachy waves without heat. Simply spritz onto dry or damp hair, scrunch, then style as suggested below.
You can also add more volume by spritzing your styled hair with a texturising spray. It’ll seriously amplify the look!
#5 Light Hairspray Is A Must
When you’ve created your beachy look, keep it in place with a lightweight hairspray. It will hold those waves in place without compromising the natural look.
How To Get Wavy Hair 4 Ways
Method 1: The Twist
Whether your strands are on the shorter side or you’re working with longer lengths, the twist is an easy method that suits both short and long manes.
- Step 1: Start adding texture by spritzing a light layer of salt spray onto your dry tresses.
- Step 2: Separate the hair into 3 sections (the sides and the back).
- Step 3: Take one of the sections, split it in half, then wrap both halves around each other tightly.
- Step 4: Keep twisting until it forms a bun, then pin to the head.
- Step 5: Repeat on all sections.
- Step 6: Leave overnight.
- Step 7: Unwrap the hair and use your fingers to separate the waves.
- Step 8: Spritz with a light hairspray to set the look.
Method 2: The Braid
Perfect for both short and long hair, the braid method is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get wavy hair.
- Step 1: Start with a light spritz of salt spray to create a textured, tousled effect.
- Step 2: Part the hair down the middle to create 2 sections and braid each.
- Step 3: Spritz the hair with a lightweight hairspray to help the waves hold their shape.
- Step 4: Leave the braids in overnight.
- Step 5: Carefully unravel the braids, using your fingers to separate and loosen the strands.
- Step 6: Flip your head upside down and spritz the roots with a texturising spray to add extra volume to your waves.
Method 3: The Messy Bun
Wondering how to get wavy hair without heat? This overnight method is fast and simple – we’re obsessed!
- Step 1: Scrunch dry or damp hair into a messy bun.
- Step 2: Secure with a hair tie and pins.
- Step 3: Allow to dry overnight.
- Step 4: Release the waves and spritz with a touch of hairspray to seal the deal.
Method 4: The Barrel
For loose and natural-looking waves, you can’t beat this method.
- Step 1: Spritz the hair with salt spray to dampen, then tousle.
- Step 2: Take an inch-wide section of hair and wrap it around your index finger.
- Step 3: Gather the hair together and slide it off the finger, keeping it as a barrel.
- Step 4: Secure the barrel to the head with a hairpin.
- Step 5: Repeat all over.
- Step 6: Leave for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Step 7: Unpin the barrels, brush through with the fingers, then spritz with hairspray to secure the waves.
And that’s how to get wavy hair without heat!