Short hair is boring because you can only wear it one way, right? Wrong! From beachy waves to big blow dries and smooth, slick straight tresses, we give you the lowdown on styling short hair and creating head–turning looks.
Styling Short Hair Four Ways
1. Beachy Waves For Shoulder Length To Cropped Hair
That laid-back LA vibe – beachy waves never go out of style. Here’s how to create the cult look:
- Mist your hair with our heat protection Tri-Blo spray.
- Then, spritz our iconic Salt Spray onto your tresses to start adding raw texture and body to your tresses (if you have cropped hair, work our Surf Paste through your tresses instead).
- Clip up the top half of your hair, then use hair curlers to create loose waves on the lower section of your tresses. Alternate between curling the wand towards and away from your face.
- Repeat on the top half of your hair.
- Spray our Skyscraper light to medium hairspray through your tresses to set the waves.
- Next, run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls.
- Finish by spritzing your hair with our Texture Spray. Then, use your fingers to plump up the roots and add oomph to your look.
Fudge Tip: To maintain your beachy waves on second-day hair, spritz a touch of Salt Spray onto your tresses, then scrunch to enhance the waves and leave to dry.