Finding the perfect conditioner can transform your hair from dry and dull to silky and smooth. Keep reading to find out how to choose the right conditioner for you and discover the best conditioner for dry, damaged, frizzy or bleached hair.
Step 1: Determine Your Hair Type
We’ll let you in on a secret: knowing your hair type is key to finding the best conditioner for you. Look in the mirror and assess:
- Density: Take the front section of your hair and pull it to the side. If you can see your scalp, you have fine hair, and if not, it’s on the thicker side.
- Shape: Is your hair straight, wavy or curly?
- Health: Does your hair feel dry and damaged? Does it lack shine and volume?
Step 2: Assess The Damage
Choosing the best conditioner involves understanding your hair health and what has caused damage.
- Colour damage: Do you dye your hair often? Colour treatment can weaken hair and cause breakage, so you’ll need to choose a conditioner that restores bonds.
- Heat damage: Heat tools can cause serious damage, leaving hair dry and brittle – a repairing conditioner is the answer.
- Split ends: Noticing lots of frayed ends? Don’t worry! A leave-in conditioner can bring hair back to life.
Step 3: Know What To Look For
Once you’ve determined your hair type and assessed the damage, you can start looking for the best conditioner for you. Here’s what to look for:
- Fine hair: Volumising conditioners are best, as they strengthen and thicken the hair.
- Thick hair: Avoid adding extra weight with a lightweight conditioner.
- Straight hair: Opt for a smoothing conditioner to seal the cuticle and prevent frizz.
- Wavy or curly hair: Reduce frizz and avoid weighing down the hair by using a lightweight, hydrating conditioner.
- Dry hair: Leave-in conditioners and nourishing formulas are your best friend! Add moisture and hydration to reduce dryness.
- Damaged hair: The best conditioner for damaged hair will have a strengthening formula to repair and revive.
Step 4: Take Our Quiz
Still unsure which conditioner is best for you? Then it’s time to take our quiz! Tell us your hair colour, type and goals and we’ll find the perfect conditioner for you.
Shop Our Favourite Conditioners
Fudge Luminzer Weightless Conditioner is perfect for dry, thick, wavy, and curly hair.
Powered by our superior Smoothing-Swish™ and Opti-PLEX™ technologies, this conditioner binds to each strand to keep locks soft, full of life and frizz-free for 48 hours. It provides weightless hydration for stronger, softer and shinier hair.
Fudge Damage Rewind Reconstructing Conditioner is ideal for straight, damaged, brittle, and colour-treated hair.
Formulated with our repairing Opti-PLEX™ technology and specialised HairGuard™, cuticles are targeted and sealed in just one wash, leaving hair 95% stronger. Bonds throughout the strands are reconstructed, so you’re literally waving goodbye to damage!
Fudge Xpander Whip Conditioner is designed for fine hair that needs volume.
Give your hair body in an instant! Infused with weightless Fibre-Dense Technology, each strand of hair is coated to boost volume but avoid frizz. This thickening conditioner leaves hair looking 180% thicker and more voluminous all day.
Fudge Everyday Clean Blonde Damage Rewind Conditioner is perfect for both natural and dyed blondes.
Say goodbye to brassiness! Designed for daily use, this conditioner gradually removes yellow tones and damage from blonde tresses. The Opti-PLEX™ technology strengthens hair to repair and reconstruct chemical and thermal damage.
Fudge Damage Rewind Reconstructing Conditioner is a weekly toning treatment that banishes yellow tones and damage from blonde hair.
This dual-force conditioner contains our max-strength purple micro-pigments to instantly knock out brassy tones for a bolder, beautiful blonde. Our unique Opti-PlEX™ technology penetrates deep into the hair’s core to reconstruct bonds after chemical, styling and environmental damage.
Fudge Cool Brunette Blue Toning Conditioner is every brunette’s new best friend!
Say goodbye to unwanted red and orange tones, and hello to cool, brunette hair thanks to this blue conditioner. Formulated with max-strength blue micro-pigments and Opti-PLEX™ technology, hair feel repaired and revived for a smooth, healthy look.
Fudge One Shot leave-in treatment is ideal for coloured, damaged, or over-processed hair.
The nourishing and repairing complex of creatine, guarana, wheat and silk proteins condition and smooth the surface of the cuticle, helping to reverse signs of damage. The silicone complex forms a shield along the length of the hair to protect against unnecessary moisture, so your colour looks fresher for longer!
Discover the science behind Opti-PLEX™ technology and how it transforms hair from dull to dazzling.